By Dr Richard S Grayson,Richard S. Grayson
Read Online or Download Austen Chamberlain and the Commitment to Europe: British Foreign Policy 1924-1929 PDF
Best uk history books
This number of essays honours David Fieldhouse, latterly Vere Harmsworth Professor of Imperial and Naval background at Cambridge and a most desirable authority at the economics of the fashionable British Empire. The participants comprise a powerful array of former scholars, colleagues, and buddies, and their topics diversity greatly around the monetary and administrative fields of British imperial historical past within the 19th and 20th centuries.
This publication is an creation to the heritage of alcoholic drink in England from the top of the center a long time to the current day. Treating the topic thematically, it covers who drank, what they drank, how a lot, who produced and offered drink, the areas the place it was once loved and the meanings which consuming had for individuals.
David Crouch’s William Marshal, now in its 3rd version, depicts this fascinating medieval determine as a ruthless opportunist, astute courtier, manipulative flesh presser and a brutal yet effective soldier. Born the fourth son of a minor baron, he ended his days as Earl of Pembroke and Regent of britain, and was once the single medieval knight to have a modern biography written approximately him.
This e-book employs a variety of views to illustrate how the East India corporation facilitated cross-cultural interactions among the English and diverse teams in South Asia among 1600 to 1857 and the way those interactions reworked vital beneficial properties of either British and South Asian historical past.
- British Foreign Policy, National Identity, and Neoclassical Realism
- British Warship Recognition: The Perkins Identification Albums: Volume III: Cruisers 1865-1939, Part 1
- The Role of International Exhibitions in Britain, 1850-1910: Perceptions of Economic Decline and the Technical Education Issue
- Wellington's Men in Australia: Peninsular War Veterans and the Making of Empire c.1820-40 (War, Culture and Society, 1750-1850)
- Money Pits: British Mining Companies in the Californian and Australian Gold Rushes of the 1850s (Modern Economic and Social History)
- Food in Medieval England: Diet and Nutrition (Medieval History and Archaeology)
Additional info for Austen Chamberlain and the Commitment to Europe: British Foreign Policy 1924-1929