The totality of the eigenvalues of the Laplacian of a compact Riemannian manifold is termed the spectrum. We describe how the spectrum determines a Riemannian manifold. The continuity of the eigenvalue of the Laplacian, Cheeger and Yau's estimate of the 1st eigenvalue, the Lichnerowicz–Obata's theorem at the first eigenvalue, the Cheng's estimates of the kth eigenvalues, and Payne–Pólya–Weinberger's inequality of the Dirichlet eigenvalue of the Laplacian also are defined.
- Algebraic Varieties (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Lectures on Closed Geodesics (Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften)
- Differential Sheaves and Connections:A Natural Approach to Physical Geometry (Series on Concrete and Applicable Mathematics)
- The Geometry of Jet Bundles (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Origami Design Secrets: Mathematical Methods for an Ancient Art
Extra resources for Advances in the Homotopy Analysis Method
Rated 5 – based on votes of