By Jonathan Y Chen
Activated Carbon Fiber and Textiles presents systematic insurance of the basics, houses, and present and rising functions of carbon fiber textiles in one quantity, delivering execs and teachers operating within the box with a broader realizing of those fabrics. half I discusses carbon fiber rules and construction, together with precursors and pyrolysis, carbon fiber spinning, and carbonization and activation. half II offers extra designated research of the most important houses of carbon fiber textiles, together with their thermal, acoustic, electric, adsorption, and mechanical behaviors. the ultimate part covers purposes of carbon fiber resembling filtration, power defense, and effort and gasoline storage.
- Features enter from an editor who's knowledgeable in his box: Professor Jonathan Chen has a wealth of expertise within the region of activated carbon fiber materials
- Provides systematic and entire insurance of the main features of activated carbon fiber textiles, from their ideas, processing, and houses to their commercial applications
- Offers updated insurance of recent expertise for the fiber and textiles industries
- Covers purposes similar to filtration, power safety, and effort and fuel storage
Read or Download Activated Carbon Fiber and Textiles (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles) PDF
Similar textiles & polymers books
Even supposing polypropylene has been advertised because the Fifties, study and improvement during this quarter continues to be full of life. The intake of polypropylene through the years has been fairly excessive, normally as a result of regular development of its estate profile. Polypropylene: constructions, Blends and Composites, in 3 separate volumes, displays at the key components that have contributed to the luck of polypropylene, facing all points of structure-performance relationships proper to thermoplastic polymers and similar composites.
One of the numerous new instructions in glossy polymer technology, the layout and research of liquid crystal (LC) polymers were those becoming so much actively and fruitfully. regardless of that, the potential formation of an anisotropic LC part used to be purely validated theoretically for the 1st time within the Nineteen Fifties through Onsager  and Flory , after which experimentally established within the reviews with polypeptides suggestions.
Chromogenic fabrics swap their optical houses according to an exterior stimulus. because of their power purposes as gentle valve (e. g. , in solar retaining glazing) or as temperature sensor, thermotropic, and thermochromic fabrics have come a growing number of into the point of interest of analysis and improvement.
Databook of Preservatives comprises information for preservatives for items in the course of delivery and garage, movie preservatives, wooden preservatives, fiber, leather-based, rubber and polymerized fabrics preservatives, development fabric preservatives, preservatives for liquid cooling and processing structures, slimicides, and slicing fluid preservatives.
- Polymer Processing: Principles and Design
- Electroactivity in Polymeric Materials
- Bast and Other Plant Fibres (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)
- Adhesives in Marine Engineering (Woodhead Publishing Series in Welding and Other Joining Technologies)
Extra info for Activated Carbon Fiber and Textiles (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)