By Alexandre Rademaker
Description Logics (DLs) is a relatives of formalisms used to symbolize wisdom of a site. they're built with a proper logic-based semantics. wisdom illustration structures in line with description logics supply quite a few inference functions that deduce implicit wisdom from the explicitly represented knowledge.
A evidence concept for Description Logics introduces Sequent Calculi and ordinary Deduction for a few DLs (ALC, ALCQ). Cut-elimination and Normalization are proved for the calculi. the writer argues that such platforms can increase the extraction of computational content material from DLs proofs for rationalization purposes.
Read Online or Download A Proof Theory for Description Logics (SpringerBriefs in Computer Science) PDF
Best logic books
This booklet comprises groundbreaking contributions to the philosophical research of mathematical perform. a number of philosophers of arithmetic have lately referred to as for an method of philosophy of arithmetic that can pay extra recognition to mathematical perform. Questions referring to concept-formation, realizing, heuristics, alterations standard of reasoning, the function of analogies and diagrams, and so forth.
How strongly in case you think a few of the propositions for you to exhibit? that's the key query dealing with Bayesian epistemology. Subjective Bayesians carry that it truly is mostly (though no longer fullyyt) as much as the agent as to which levels of trust to undertake. aim Bayesians, nevertheless, retain that acceptable levels of trust are principally (though no longer completely) decided via the agent's facts.
This ebook constitutes the lawsuits of the 1st overseas convention on Language, info and information, LDK 2017, held in Galway, eire, in June 2017. The 14 complete papers and 19 brief papers incorporated during this quantity have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from sixty eight preliminary submissions. They care for language information; wisdom graphs; purposes in NLP; and use circumstances in electronic humanities, social sciences, and BioNLP.
This quantity set LNCS 10438 and LNCS 10439 constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the twenty eighth overseas convention on Database and specialist structures purposes, DEXA 2017, held in Lyon, France, August 2017. The 37 revised complete papers awarded including forty brief papers have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 166 submissions.
- Critical Systems: Formal Methods and Automated Verification: Joint 21st International Workshop on Formal Methods for Industrial Critical Systems and 16th ... (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 18 Unconventional Essays on the Nature of Mathematics
- Linguistic Expressions and Semantic Processing: A Practical Approach
- NASA Formal Methods: 9th International Symposium, NFM 2017, Moffett Field, CA, USA, May 16-18, 2017, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Computational Processing of the Portuguese Language: 12th International Conference, PROPOR 2016, Tomar, Portugal, July 13-15, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
Additional resources for A Proof Theory for Description Logics (SpringerBriefs in Computer Science)