The totality of the eigenvalues of the Laplacian of a compact Riemannian manifold is named the spectrum. We describe how the spectrum determines a Riemannian manifold. The continuity of the eigenvalue of the Laplacian, Cheeger and Yau's estimate of the 1st eigenvalue, the Lichnerowicz–Obata's theorem at the first eigenvalue, the Cheng's estimates of the kth eigenvalues, and Payne–Pólya–Weinberger's inequality of the Dirichlet eigenvalue of the Laplacian also are defined.
- Rigidity and Symmetry (Fields Institute Communications)
- Algebraic Surfaces and Holomorphic Vector Bundles (Universitext)
- Handbook of Global Analysis
- Calculus Using Mathematica
- Random Fields and Geometry (Springer Monographs in Mathematics)
Additional resources for 5000 Jahre Geometrie: Geschichte, Kulturen, Menschen (Vom Zählstein zum Computer) (German Edition)
Rated 5 – based on votes of